[Healeys] Oil Changes

Dallas Congleton dcongleton at embarqmail.com
Mon Sep 13 17:10:56 MDT 2010

Chris the webpage for Penrite HPR has the following statement   " Penrite
HPR meets the requirements of API SL ".  This requirement included the
reduction of the zinc/phosphate levels in the oil and if they meet the API
certification , then it is low enough to satisfy the Feds ( at present- they
keep lowering this spec) regarding the contamination of catalytic
converters.  I see their impressive paragraph about older engines, etc, but
the bottom line is that the API spec of SL.
The  spec sheet show some numbers for zinc, but is like voodoo to try and
follow all these different methods of measurement  and extrapolate to how
much we need and how much is in the oil.

"Oil ain't what it used to be" - even the same brand, same label-

Dallas