[Healeys] Copper brake lines, was 100 BN2 almost done....

Barrie Robinson barrie at look.ca
Sat Sep 11 09:11:31 MDT 2010

  Kurnifer, a British development - specifically for brake lines, is
90% copper and 10% nickel.   It is used extensively in high
performance cars.   In my opinion it is the only way to go - and is
easily obtained.  But in N. America it was slow to catch on just like
seat belts, radial tyres and such (NIH syndrome).   Currently
available copper brake lines do not meet the Canadian govt.
specifications and I doubt they meet USA or European specs.  By the
way, there is common confusion regarding Govt specs.  In Canada they
just give performance requirements  NOT what material meets those
specs.   So you could use toast or fried eggs as long as it meets
specs !!!  Copper lines as sold now do not - but if the currently
available lines were made stronger (thicker!) they could pass!