[Healeys] Distributor on the 100 engine

T+ B Willig willig at wtnet.de
Sat Sep 11 02:26:07 MDT 2010

Hi Tadek,

I encountered the same problem a few weeks ago. The solution was very
simple: I had filed the engine with oil, while the distributor was off the
engine. The oil filled the bore in the block were the end of the drive shaft
should be seated. What happened is, that when I inserted the dizzy the drive
shaft compressed the oil to a certain extend..but then  finito, nada, the
dizzy would not seat completely. Solution: I sucked the oil out of the bore
with a syringe to which a piece of clear washer hose was attached. After
that all was well.

Regards

Thomas Willig