[Healeys] Drilling Cast Iron - Non Healey

Patrick and Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Sat Sep 11 01:23:22 MDT 2010

G'day

Sorry I am not in Austin-Healey mode at the moment as we have our garden
open in a month or so and there's a zillion things to do.

We bought the world's heaviest cast iron fountain and will sit it in a pond
that's dug into the ground. Thankfully I have finished the digging.

The pump fits into the base of the fountain, but it has to be drilled to
allow water to flow in freely.

I have never drilled cast iron and I keep thinking that it will take me a
month of Sundays. Anyone had the experience and share some advice please.

Actually I did take the BN3 out this morning to the local post office to
pick up a wrought iron seat that was packed in a huge cardboard box.
Wouldn't fit into our day to day car, but not a problem in the
Austin-Healey.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn

Sydney, Australia