[Healeys] 100 BN2 almost done....

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Fri Sep 10 10:16:03 MDT 2010

  This has been a lot of work in a very short span of time. The standard
looks very good indeed with a good eye for detail.
I have a few remarks:
-The copper brake pipes, as you mentioned yourself. Copper pipes are
prone to fatigue fracture. Better would have been to use steel pipes (I
can hardly believe these are not available in Poland) or alternatively
cunifer pipes, but these can be hard to get anywhere except in the UK.
-The capillary line from the temperature gauge should be solidly fixed
to the dashboard, bulkhead etc. to as near as possible to the gauge as
possible to prevent vibration. The same applies to the engine side, fix
the line solidly to the engine from the bulb to where it leaves the
engine, leave 2or 3 loop holes of about 4-5" between the last fixations
on the bulkhead and engine. These lines can be very prone to fatigue
cracking.
-I noticed you did not convert to front brake discs.

Chapeau!!!!!

Kees Oudesluijs
NL

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of coudesluijs.vcf]