[Healeys] Panasport wheels for Healey

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 22:11:01 MDT 2010

Hi Bob
I don't have a drawing, but I'll try to explain...  I'll capitalize
the words  inside and outside because I think that's where the
confusion starts.
Ok. Think of a bolt on rear wheel. You have a one piece wheel, and a
hub it bolts onto. 2 things. Adding a spacer on the hub - which mates
to the INSIdE of the wheel - will obviously move the wheel out.
But with a centrelock wheel, we have 3 parts. The wheel has a steel
splined hub, and an alloy "wheel" which are bolted together. Then it
slides onto the splined hub.
Unlike any one piece wheel, the minilite is a steel splined centre
"hub" which bolts onto the OUTSIDE of the alloy rim centre (not the
inside).
The splined hub slides into the rim, from outside the rim, so the
mating faces to assemble the wheel are on the OUTSIDE of the rim centre.
Ie you have 3 pieces - your stub axle/ splined adaptor on your car - a
splined steel hub centre - and a alloy rim.
A spacer between the steel minilite wheel hub, and the OUTSIDE of the
alloy wheel centre, moves the rim inwards, ie back inside the guard.
Youre right Bob, a picture would help! I'll see what I can do....
Best
Chris

Sent from my iPhone