[Healeys] Panasport wheels for Healey

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 20:53:21 MDT 2010

I don't know anything about Panasport wheels. Many of us run the
"minilite" replica wheels organised by Frank Karl in New Zealand. He
used to ring all the major british car distributors, get orders, and
run a batch once a year, manufactured by Aunger in NZ.
They are based in an original 15 x 6 minilite, so they look "right".
Over the years he has made them as bolt on, centre lock splined hub,
and in both magnesium and aluminium.
The magnesium bolt on ones are incredibly light and ate for racing only.
I have the centre lock splined ones, because I'd replaced the splines
etc and didn't want to redo everything to convert to bolt ons.
Compromise.
With the centrelock splined hubs, I had a plate about 8mm or 10mm wide
made to sandwich & locate between the splined adaptor and alloy centre
in order to move the wheel back inside the front bodywork and
therefore adjust the offset. The offset is perfect in the rear.
Most 6 in rims available stick out of the front guards. Negative
camber and a correcly made sanwich spacer can ensure the top of the
wheel is inside the guard when running a 195 -205 width tyre.
If that's too much hassle, there are 5.5 in minilite replica centre
lock splined wheels available from a number of UK suppliers.
Chris
www.myaustinhealey.com

Sent from my iPhone