[Healeys] dash switches

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Sun Oct 31 18:06:33 MST 2010

Kees, I have had success with the WD40 treatment as well, not always, but I
recall my O/D switch was intermittent when I got the car, didn't like like
it was meant to be taken apart, but a thorough soak and drain with WD got it
back to snuff.  Has worked on other occasions as well, but certainly not
every time.

Len, I agree, not sure when I would drive the car with the lights on and the
panel lights off, or dimmed, maybe it was awful dark on english country
roads in the distant past and this was needed, but my main concern with
panel lights on Healeys, MGs etc. over the years has been to make them
brighter, not to turn them off or dim them.  So your solution certainly is a
practical one, but some of us obsess with everything on the car working as
designed, so we futz around with it until it works "just because"

Greg Lemon