[Healeys] BN2 Throttles

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sun Oct 31 14:31:17 MST 2010

Listers,

Our BN2 runs well, but we have a small problem with the carbs.  We can't get the throttles to close to the stops
consistently; i.e. when we let off the accelerator pedal the throttles don't (usually) come all the way back to idle
position.   They usually stop about 100 RPM higher than they are adjusted to run at idle.  If I press down on the shaft
levers they move slightly and run at the desired idle speed.

We went through the carbs, cleaned them well and installed new jets, needles, gaskets, etc.  The shafts turn freely, and
there's nothing in the throttle bores getting in the way.  We've tried 'torquing' the coaxial springs to get more
tension, and there's no difference with the linkage attached or not--something is preventing the throttle plates from
closing to the desired stop point.

Any suggestions?

TIA,
Bob