[Healeys] illuminated toggle/push pull switches -??? ideas?

Richard Ewald richard.ewald at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 22:32:34 MDT 2010

OK, I will bite, why is only a ground switched circuit "safe"?
On production cars most non-computer controlled circuits are power
switched.  Computer controlled circuits such as injectors, idle motors, etc,
may be either ground switched (pull down circuit) or power switched (pull up
circuit)
Ford uses (or at least used to) use pull up circuits on their fuel injection
systems
Bosch uses pull down circuits on theirs.
Why is ground switched better?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Rick