[Healeys] Auto Repairs from a long time ago

healeyguy at aol.com healeyguy at aol.com
Tue Oct 26 00:20:53 MDT 2010

This tread reminded me of previous conversations about getting old, which I
am. Anyway you might find this info interesting. Using different bench marks,
your Dad's $25 T would be worth about this much in 2009 (latest data I
found):

$393 using the Consumer Price
$977 using the value of consumer bundle
$1210 using the unskilled wage
$1479 using the production worker compensation
$2470 using the normal GDP per capita
$6070 using the relative share of GDP

So using $2400 for a new 1955 100 the numbers are:
So using $2400 for a new 1955 100 the numbers are:
$19200 using the Consumer Price
$15900 using the GDP deflator
$25100 using the value of consumer bundle
$26000 using the unskilled wage
$30600 using the production worker compensation
$44400 using the normal GDP per capita
$82500 using the relative share of GDP
Something to think and maybe talk about. Just another conversation.....
Aloha
Perry