[Healeys] Austin Healey Radio?

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Fri Oct 22 11:02:15 MDT 2010

Chris, I think it's amazing that anyone could buy a new Healey in England
and drive it to Australia.  I only wish it could have been me.
It's also very good that you have been able to get in touch with all
previous owners of your BJ8.  I also was able to do that, going back through
6 owners before myself, but that was in the days when anyone could get the
information from the local Department of Motor Vehicles.  Can't do that
anymore, so for BJ8s I'm trying to replace that resource by documenting the
individual ownership histories of as many cars as possible.  Most of that
information, of course, has to come from what the owners themselves know,
remember, or have documented someplace.  It would be a shame for anyone's
personal knowledge about the ownership history of their car to disappear
with them.

Another thought:  according to BMIHT, your car's destination from the
factory was Car Mart, Ltd., London.  Was John Sprinzel involved in Car Mart,
or perhaps did he get the car from Car Mart for Mr. Steil?

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA