[Healeys] support our hobby

Richard Kahn tahoehealey at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 18 08:05:29 MDT 2010

I just returned form the Autumn Classic in Morgan Hill, CA, an all British
event. ( it rained constantly but we all had a good time. The ride home was 5
hours of heavy rain). We were informed this was to be the last one after 18
years. The numbers of attendees was 25% from what was needed to break even.
If we don't support these events, we will have nothing for the future and
nothing to interest the next generation about our LBC's. I don't go to win
prizes. I attend because it is a chance to see friends and meet new people
with like interests. We talk about repairs, paint and improvements, all kinds
of stuff. The wives mingle and we all enjoy the meals together. It is not the
same as the internet. We need to keep these events alive.
Richard Kahn