[Healeys] Rear breaks locking

Greg Mandas gmandas at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 17 18:42:07 MDT 2010

On my Sunday drive I had occasion to lock up the brakes. A person in the on coming lane was in a hurry to turn left and since I wasn't tailgating it must have appeared there was enough of a gap to shoot.  For anyone from Connecticut, I was on RT-25 southbound at RT-136, in Stepney. Nuff said.

The rear wheels locked and the fronts didn't. The brake booster on my BJ8 isn't working, so the brakes are functional but hard.  I'm figuring the lack of a functional booster isn't a factor.

Is this locking typical or do I have work to do?

Greg
65BJ8

Sent from my iPhone so please excuse typos and brevity.