[Healeys] Where does the bolt go?

Robert Duquette robertduquette at sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 14 07:57:14 MDT 2010

I was re-attaching the rad and thinking to myself how easy this was compared
to the replacing the one on a spridget ...  ( Note to self:  please stop
thinking positive thoughts until it's over and tested. )
I had the top bolts well started and thought that I had the LH lower one
started and was on the right side trying to align the rad to the lower bracket
and get that one started when I heard a 'tink' from the other side and the rad
shifted.  I shine the worklight over to the other side, and sure enough, there
it was ... gone!  I searched high and low and felt around where I couldn't see
and even probed around with my newly acquired magnet on a stick to no avail!
 Well, I did come into possession of a small brass nut and a spare washer, but
they are unrelated to anything that I've ever done.  The magnet did a real
good job of getting the brass nut!  I used it to dislodge it and push it to
where gravity took over.  So where the heck did it go?  It didn't make it to
the floor.  Do I have to be looking for something else to be able to find this
bolt and washer?