[Healeys] Radiator filler neck

Pieter and Linda pieters at pt.lu
Tue Oct 12 10:14:51 MDT 2010

I haven't had any real problems with my car over heating in anything but
extreme conditions but I do get a lot of coolant loss through the overflow
pipe. I have tried a number of different brands of rad caps with no real
difference. I recently bought a new alloy radiator and noticed that the depth
of the filler neck is much shallower. My original radiator is 26mm deep,
measured from the top down to the sealing lip for the rubber cap seal. The
alloy is only 19mm deep and you really have to push the cap down to get it on.
I suspect that the original may have had a different filler neck fitted at
some stage.
 Could somebody please measure their radiator for a comparison? The car is a
BJ7,
thanks