[Healeys] Shift Lever Boot Fit Problem 60 BN7

scott willis ahpowered at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 10 18:07:41 MDT 2010

Hi Folks,
I had my original tranny cover refitted professionally. The problem is that
the side shift hole is not exactly over the shifter. this is how it was when I
took it off the car originally to rebuild the tranny. The hole was not
perfectly over the shifter. This is the second boot I have purchased. The
first one I bought 4 years ago tore right away. I left things loose for years
so it was no problem until now that I screwed all back down to insulate and
install new carpet.

 Look at this photo http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2223537110100422800joDqeh
and tell me if there is a boot that fits tighter than the one from moss or if
there is another boot/gasket option. This boot pops out when shifting since
the hole is not perfectly over the top of the shift mechanism.

The tunnel does not appear to be able to move back any further and still
connect to the original extension panel. Is there a chance I have parts from
different models? This barn find was supposedly original. I have found nothing
else out of sorts.

Cheers,

Scott Willis
Mashed 60 BN7 AH Club USA