[Healeys] people noticing our cars

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Sat Oct 9 09:11:52 MDT 2010

One of the advantages of a registry is that it provides the best chance of
anyone ever finding a car they once owned, or learning who owned their car
before them.  The registries provide the only place where the continuous
ownership history of a car can be documented and preserved for the benefit
of future owners.
I would like everyone to be aware that the BJ8 registry actively solicits
information from owners about what they know of the previous ownership
history of their car -- either from documentation or from their memory.
Owner's personal knowledge is the best source now for such information, and
unless they allow it to be documented, it is likely to be lost when their
time with the car is through.  None of us get to keep them forever, or take
them with us.  We are only caretakers for later owners.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA