[Healeys] spin on filter- Lower oil pressure

S and T Miller stmiller96 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 8 08:06:27 MDT 2010

I asked a little while back if anyone experienced slightly lower oil pressure
with the Moss spin on oil filter adapter as opposed to the original canister
filter assembly.  I switched back to the original and found that the spin on
filter adapter did indeed lower the pressure a bit (could be filter brand as
well).  Ed brought up a good point to measure the holes on both.  Well my Moss
adapter holes measure 13mm each.  Anyone know, or can measure the original
canister filter holes?  Mine is mounted back on the car.  Just curious.

The Millers
"British Car Nuts"

1957 Austin Healey 100-6 BN4 35299

1959 Austin Healey 100-6 BN4 77219

1964 MGB 40841

1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite AN5 34351

"Always drive them, but remember each drive in an antique car is a test
drive."