[Healeys] Thread on oil pressure relief valve

Herbert Miller hgmiller3 at qwest.net
Thu Oct 7 08:59:43 MDT 2010

Something to think about.
The illustration of the gear type oil pump in my shop manual shows 7 teeth,
thus 7 cavities between the gears per revolution.
At 1000 rpm the pump gears rotate at 500 rpm, that's 3,500 pulses per min.
or almost 60 pulses per second.
I do not think the gauge can respond to this frequency. Even if it could you
could not see it. Tell me you can see the flicker of an
Incandescent household light bulb.

Herb Miller