[Healeys] Need two brackets for seatbelts

Olin Brimberry healey at hunterbane.com
Wed Oct 6 19:17:05 MDT 2010

Update on the progress of the brackets:

John Sims kindly offered me an unused set (minus reinforcing plate) at
a very reasonable price, which he has already put into the mail -
Thanks John.  I will get a plate made up at work.

For those that may need a pair, Keith has a well used set and new ones
can be purchased at British Car Specialties.  Thanks for all the
suggestions.  BTW, I even got a call from Marion, whom I haven't
spoken with in years and was able to catch up with him.

As a related side note, I was surprised to find that our cars from BT7
on, have a center hole in the middle of the the two holes for the
subject bracket.  So, I suppose this could be used for a single eye-
bolt type fastener, but you will have all the stress at a single
point.  For what I have seen, the ends of the belts that mount at this
point, do not have the quick release lever to allow it to be attached
to a closed loop, so you would have to figure how to attach it.

As an engineer, I like the two bolts with the reinforcing plate to
better distribute the stresses.  In reality though, your body would
have to take one hell of a force to bend/rip the floorpan for a single
bolt application, unless your floorpans are rusty originals.

Olin