[Healeys] Bonnet Louver follow-up and another question

Robert Duquette robertduquette at sympatico.ca
Wed Oct 6 11:36:35 MDT 2010

'Odours' sounds kinda negative.  For the record, I said I liked the smell of
warm oil.  :)
Google finds me this repro being sold at AH
Spares:http://www.ahspares.co.uk/products/BONNET,LOUVERED-aluminium-OBP255.as
px"This is an exact replica of the louvered bonnet fitted to most competition
Austin Healey 100/6s and 3000s. Designed to increase airflow in the engine
bay to assist in cooling."
From
ahead4healeys:http://www.ahead4healeys.co.uk/BONNET--LOUVERED---ALUMINIUM-id3
474.htmlThis one doesn't make any claims.  ( Better image though. )
Robert Duquette
Ottawa ON Canada

> From: rjswain at hotmail.com
> To: healeys at autox.team.net
> Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 16:43:40 +0000
> Subject: [Healeys] Bonnet Louver follow-up and another question
>
> Thanks everyone who took the time to comment on bonnet louvers for a 100-6.
As
> usual the responses were all over the place. It was suggested that hot air
and
> odours from the engine compartment will flow over the windscreen and into
my
> face. Someone with louvers said that the only time there was an odour
problem
> was when something was amiss (overflowing float bowl, leaking radiator
hose)
> in the engine compartment. Some people thought louvers look awful, others
> really like their looks. I suppose it depends on the size, location and
> pattern of the louvers. I got measurements for 100M louvers and a couple of
> people who can do the work. Also got offers of already louvered bonnets.
Lots