[Healeys] The AEC960 Healey 3000 Cylinder Head spark plug seat and timing issue

Joe and Lenore Armour sebring at hotkey.net.au
Wed Oct 6 05:32:49 MDT 2010

Bob Spidell wrote:

>  On heads and castings ...
>
> How much did Weslake contribute to the design of Austin-Healey heads?
> Our BN2's head has 'Weslake' on the casting; presumably he contributed
> to the design.  Our machinist, who assembled the head, got really
> excited when he saw 'Weslake.'
>

> bs

Well I do not know if this counts but Harry had many,many patents in his
name for the 'heart'shaped combustion chambers plus other design
features relating to  cylinder heads, air flow and fuel

Also cross flow, semi downdraught heads for A-series engines which were
fitted to 'works' Sprites and Minis with Lucas fuel injection and the
USA's V.12 Gurney-Weslake formula 1 engine.

Is that enough so indicate the mans importance?

Joe