[Healeys] The AEC960 Healey 3000 Cylinder Head spark plug seat and timing issue

Dave Porter frogeye at porterscustom.com
Tue Oct 5 07:15:00 MDT 2010

Chris,

This is interesting. I can't imagine who to ask about the behavior of flame
fronts vis a vie compressed versus non-compressed gases.

 I  was surprised last week when I added up the advance numbers for the BJ8
and it was like 47 degrees total, but there must be an explanation for it
when all of the other parameters among the distributer models are so
similar.

Just out of curiosity, did you experiment with long reach plugs or hogging
out the combustion chamber to achieve a flush insertion as well? I will be
discussing this with some other folks and need to cover the bases..

Thanks!

Dave

frogeye at porterscustom.com

Porter Customs   2909 Arno NE