[Healeys] 3000 MkIII Stop Light Switch

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 08:43:01 MDT 2010

Tim -

Yes, just get them from an old pre-super beetle, 1960s vintage.  The
switches are the same.  You can also get them from SNG Barratt for late 50s
early 60s Jaguars... I've had good experience with their switches.  They are
identical to those on our Healeys.

Generally speaking I'd say the switches fail either from lack of use or old
brake fluid.  You may need to flush your system, or at least try to dive
your car three times a week or more.   they start failing when they sit too
long.

Keep a spare if you want, you can swap these on the road and if you switch
it out quickly there's no need to bleed the system.  The brake switch is on
the lowest part of the brake system for this very reason (i.e. for ease of
replacement w/o need to bleed).

Alan