[Healeys] 3000 MkIII Stop Light Switch

Tracy Drummond bighealey at charter.net
Mon Oct 4 06:49:46 MDT 2010

Tim,

Try one from an early VW.

Warm Regards,

Tracy Drummond

PMP | ITIL Service Manager | CISSP | bighealey at charter.net | 408-394-3444
cell | 408-776-0133 home | http://www.linkedin.com/in/tracydrummond

-----Original Message-----
From: healeys-bounces at autox.team.net [mailto:healeys-bounces at autox.team.net]
On Behalf Of Tim Ward
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2010 3:39 AM
To: healeys at autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] 3000 MkIII Stop Light Switch

Hi List

Since my car was restored in 1999 I have had a recurring problem with the
Stop Light Switch. A new one starts off fine but over time it deteriorates
so that the Brake Lights only come on when there is a lot of pressure put on
the brake peddle. Slight pressure does not make the lights come on.

First, any suggestions as to why this is happening? It has been suggested to
me that the switches made today just are not good enough. If this is the
probable issue does anyone have a source of Stop Light Switches that really
are sensitive and stay that way?

Many thanks

Tim

Tim Ward