[Healeys] I've got my pressure back!

Paul Leeks Paull at glasgows.co.uk
Mon Oct 4 02:24:44 MDT 2010

Chaps

I am delighted to report that I have got my oil pressure back!

For the record ...

I checked the oil filter which was oily but clean.

I checked the oil pump sieve which was bit mucky.

I checked the oil pump which was as clean as a whistle.

I checked the oil pressure relief valve, and the cap was covered with little
bits of blown piston (see previous post).

All cleaned up and put back together and the new scores are:

55psi @ 4,000 rpm

50psi @ 3,000 rpm

40psi @ 2,000 rpm

25psi @ idle (700 rpm)

In addition, I have now lost the machine gun rat-a-tat under load (probably
the result of tappets previously running dry?)

So many thanks to absolutely everybody for all their help!

Paul Leeks

100/6 BN 4

PS

As everything now seems fine, I have decided to leave the oil gauge well
alone!

So, having set this one in motion, I'm afraid I can longer contribute to the
"to bleed or not to bleed" question

... sorry Ed :-)