[Healeys] Maybe this is my rattle ...

Robert Duquette robertduquette at sympatico.ca
Sun Oct 3 08:50:09 MDT 2010

I guess I'm lucky it was the bracket. :)

Robert

Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 07:42:43 -0700
From: jim_leblanc at yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Maybe this is my rattle ...
To: healeys at autox.team.net; robertduquette at sympatico.ca

Yes they are prone to breaking. On my 100-4 I tighten the front bolt to about
35 lbs. On the back bolt I use a lock nut, leaving it lightly tightened to
about 5 lbs torque. Loctite would also do the trick. This avoids stressing the
ears on the generator. Yes correct spacing and shim washers could also work
well. Easier to use a lock nut. Either the generator ears break or the engine
bracket does.

Best Regards,

Jim LeBlanc

1956 100-M