[Healeys] Leaf spring parts

Steve B. Gerow steveg at abrazosdata.com
Sat Oct 2 16:02:52 MDT 2010

Stephen,
The central bolt, referred to as a 'toe bolt' in the Moss catalog can be made from a 1/4" bolt of the desired length. If the bolt head is too large for the hole in the axle 'shoe', you can turn it down by chucking it in an electric drill and using a file to round it off until it fits.
The straps can be made from flat steel either 3/4" x 1/8" or 1/2" x 1/8".

Steve Gerow
Altadena, CA USA
BN6

Subject: [Healeys] Leaf spring parts
To: healeys at autox.team.net

I've noticed that the usual supliers don't offer some of the leaf
spring components, such as the special central pin/bolt that goes
through the middle, or the "clamps" along the length. I plan to keep
my springs, but wanted to separate them and clean them up, and need
to replace some of these bits.
Anyone know of a source?
Stephen, BJ8

<<<