[Healeys] Rear engine seal kit

S and T Miller stmiller96 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 15 17:00:55 MST 2010

I have also done it with the engine in the car.  Put it high on jack stands,
then you can sit on the floor through the gearbox opening to install (drill,
attach seal spring, etc.).  A dirty job it the car isn't a clean one.  Also be
careful not to drill to far into the block/ main cap, you CAN drill into the
oil galley on the rear main cap!
After you re-install the clutch take a 2 by 4 across the gearbox opening and
hold a screw driver that just touches the surface where the throw out bearing
contacts.  Turn over the engine and make sure the surface doesn't wobble and
is true.  If it isn't, you need to adjust it.  If it isn't true and you leave
it that way, you will have clutch judder- ask me how I know.

The Millers
"British Car Nuts"

1957 Austin Healey 100-6 BN4 35299

1959 Austin Healey 100-6 BN4 77219

1964 MGB 40841

1960 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite AN5 34351

"Always drive them, but remember each drive in an antique car is a test
drive."