[Healeys] SU Fuel Pump Repair

Bob Haskell rchaskell at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 15 16:08:26 MST 2010

Bob,

The 'factory' is burlen fuel systems - http://sucarb.co.uk.  Their
rebuild kits include parts for the diaphragm and electrics.  For the
earlier roadsters, the pumps came in two different lengths.  I don't
know if the pump fitted to the BJ8 does or not.  So be sure to check the
length of the diaphragm rod.

<Rant on>
Their website isn't perfect - the fuel pump search by application
(car/model/year) returns just carbs.  The carb listing for the 3000 Mk
II aren't right.  The full spares list for the HS4 is actually for the
HS6 conversion set they sell.  So some part numbers won't be correct.
Yes, I've told them of the problems - with an order, during a couple of
phone conversations, and in a letter with some returned parts. Nothing.
  They don't answer emails as a general rule as they get too many.
<Rant off>

Looks like Moss sells the parts individually.  You might also try Joe
Curto.  http://www.joecurto.com/

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
3000 Mk I registrar