[Healeys] Fuel gauge brass nuts BA?

Bert Van Brande bertvanbrande at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 13 18:03:27 MST 2010

Consensus is BA for Smiths instruments.  4BA for the fuel gauge posts.
Thanks
to Jaap and Alan for offering sending 4BA nuts.  Jaap is sending a couple nuts
across the pond!

Bert

--- On Sat, 11/13/10, Bert Van Brande

<bertvanbrande at yahoo.com>
"List Healey" <healeys at autox.team.net>
> Date: Saturday, November 13, 2010,
5:29 AM
> Looking for the specification of the
> brass nuts on the signal
posts of the fuel gauge (where the
> electric wire attaches) for an original
100-4 gauge.  I
> believe they're BA.  I measure an OD of 0.137" and
> since I
don't have BA/BSF/Whithworth gauges I estimated
> thread pitch around 38
TPI

> According to Wikipedia this brings it close to a
> 4BA   0.1417 in
/ 3.6 mm
> 38.46 TPI  So I measure 4 thou difference on the
> diameter.
Maybe wear or my calipers.

> Can anybody confirm or correct my thinking?
>
> UK model engineering supplies still carry these nuts, not
> sure if there
are sources on this side of the pond but
> postage on a couple nuts will
likely not be too high.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive