[Healeys] ratio adapters

Randy Hicks Healey100M at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 21:24:13 MST 2010

What are the treads on the back of a BJ8 speedometer?

Randy

On Nov 12, 2010, at 10:17 PM, Bob Spidell wrote:

> They're called 'ratio adapters.'  Lots of speedo shops sell them.
>

> bs
>
> On 11/12/2010 7:10 PM, Jonas Payne wrote:
>> When I restored my 1st Morgan, (it was a +4, which should have had a TR
engine, but instead had a 2.0L Ford), there was a device installed on the on
the speedo cable between the trans and speedo with little watch like dials.
Apparently is was some sort of " transmission" that allowed one to slow or
speed up the cable between the trans and speedo, therefore allowing
incremental adjustment of the ratio, and allowing the proper adjustment of the
speedo to the proper rear end/tire&  wheel size.

>> I assumed it was a Ford part, I think it's sitting in a box somewhere.
Given the number of people I know with "hot rod" 4x4's I assumed it was
standard equipment for guys when they wanted to fit oversize wheels and what
not.