[Healeys] No Highway Patrol-no Healey content.

warthodson at aol.com warthodson at aol.com
Fri Nov 12 16:41:19 MST 2010

Two weeks ago, we were traveling west on highway 160 in Colorado headed to
Trinidad. It is a two lane road in the middle of nowhere. We were not in the
Healey & going 75-80 MPH (which I thought was nipping along quite smartly)
when, in the rear view mirror, I saw what turned out to be an 18 wheeler
cattle truck (empty) closing on me. I speed up to 85 MPH but he kept gaining
on us. So I went 90, then 95 & finally 100 MPH, but he still kept closing.
Finally, I slowed to 90 MPH & let him pass, & followed him at 100 MPH for over
45 minutes until he disappeared out of sight. We continued to go 90 MPH for at
least another hour & during the entire time we never caught up with a single
vehicle. Don't tell my Mom!
Gary Hodson