[Healeys] Healey update

Mark LaPierre lapierrem at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 11 19:21:58 MST 2010

So far I have logged 900 miles on my restore and shooting for 1000 before the
snow falls.
The car is finally loosening up , going straight,  cornering well, and
sounding like a Healey should.

One item that I thought I would mention  is the difference in  how the car
feels and runs when not using first gear but instead , starting up in second
gear.   I tried this in my MGA
with completely different results because of the differences in the gear
ratios. It didn't feel
right at all in the "A" but feels very right in the Healey.

For those of you that haven't accidentally stumbled across this yet I suggest
you give it
a try.  IMHO that first gear is pointless, whinny, and without it the car has
a totally different
sporty feeling.

Lovin It,    Mark