[Healeys] Steering Wheel removal

Derek Job derek.c.job at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 03:29:57 MST 2010

Morning guys

I am about to install a Moto Lita steering wheel but unfortunately I do not
have my workshop manual around as its back home in Malta.

I did this on my old car and the only real issue was fiddling with the wires
to pull them up the tube and thread them back down again. However I can't
remember how I got the wheel off.

Unscrew the set screws obviously but what do I do next? It's an adjustable
column but the large screw ring on the column looks like it could be stuck
solid so I might need some pipe grips to free that. I've removed the horn
push but that dfoesn't seem to let me access much. Is there a large nut at
the top of the column? If so how do I get to it?

Regarding the wiring, MY car now has the indicators operating off a switch
on the dash so only the horn wire will be connected. As I am not going to be
reusing the horn/indicator assemebly presumably I can just cut the horn wire
at the top and won't have to bother with the threading , re-threading
procedure.

thanks

derek