[Healeys] Scheduling of healey meets

Editorgary at aol.com Editorgary at aol.com
Tue Nov 9 15:51:01 MST 2010

In a message dated 11/9/10 2:47:04 PM, healeys-request at autox.team.net
writes:

> I apologize if this has been mentioned before, but I have been out of
> contact
> for a week. I would like to see the national events held earlier in the
> year,
> before it gets so hot. My preference would be early June. I assume it is
> not
> possible to schedule the events before school is out.
> Gary Hodson

We've often had this discussion, and I have to ask: How many members who
come to Healey meets still have children in school and have to worry about
summer vacations. I'm betting that there are few if any, given our advancing
age and the way this hobby has developed.
To make responses simpler, would you post an answer to the list only if you
DO have children and so cannot take a vacation during the fall to spring
school year?
Frankly, I'd like to see Healey events scheduled in September or October
after everyone is off the roads, and the weather is nicer for long Healey
drives. Driving ANYWHERE in a Healey in July is torture and my wife simply won't
do it.
Gary