[Healeys] Fwd: RE: Bump box screws

john spaur jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 8 23:51:48 MST 2010

Rich,

I am so glad to have you on this list. I had no idea about the change
point and I thought the captive nuts were for the Phillips screws!

Now, I wonder why flat washers were used when there are so many
applications with just lock washers. There must have been some
special reason because the price point of the car could not exceed a
certain figure and any additional items, like an extraneous flat
washer or whatever, would add expenses for materials and labor that I
am sure the manufacturer would like to avoid.

Thanks for this information!

John