[Healeys] Jensen-Healey?

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Sat Nov 6 18:16:29 MST 2010

I have not owned one, but have shopped them a bit and driven a few, as Jody
said one of the best deals out there for vintage british cars, by the
numbers (acceleration, etc.)  they will beat a big healey, which of course
they should having about 20 years of additional engineering progression in
there design.

The car has a nice roomy  cockpit and good handling, as well as the lotus
twin cam motor.

Lotus said the motor was not ready for production and would not guarantee
them, and indeed they were not ready, so some of the teething problems are
part of the reason the cars got a bad reputation from the get go and did not
do as well as hoped commercially ans lost Jensen money/

Some criticize the looks, always a matter of taste, but I think it is a
handsome design not timelessly beautiful like a big Healey, but handsome and
straightforward with clean lines and a nice low sporting beltline.

Cettainly not a POS IMHO.

Greg Lemon