[Healeys] Rich ? overdrive

Greg Mandas gmandas at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 5 06:31:53 MST 2010

Newbie Here!!!!

Ok, I paid my $100 and spent a weekend driving around Mid-Ohio Raceway when I
owned a '79 BMW 528 and that's my track experience.

Overdrive in competition!?!? Something I never though of or about.

It sounds hard on an OD and makes me think I baby mine a bit much, which I
will continue to do because I don't want to rebuild my OD, ever, something
racing owners do all the time.

Could you talk about it a bit more? How is it used on the track? When/How do
you shift in/out of OD? What's the though about cornering with the OD,
in/out/depends?

Greg