[Healeys] My Healey is ready for pick up at the body shop

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Thu Nov 4 11:06:29 MST 2010

I presume the jetting and ventury size is known for standard engines.
For modified engines setting up is a bit more involved but that goes for
SU's and Strombergs as well as you have to sort out the right jets,
needles and springs.
There are excellent books for both carbs for modified engines.
The tuning itself (balancing, mixture) is easy enough on side drafts and
is in my experience easier than with SU's or Strombergs.
Once properly set up and tuned, there is hardly any further maintainance
and you cannot say that for SU's and Strombergs.
As Ira mentioned, there may be a clearance issue on LHD cars. May be a
good opportunity to look into the possibility of a split/compressible
steering column
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of coudesluijs.vcf]