[Healeys] speedo change

John Harper ah at jharper.demon.co.uk
Fri May 28 07:15:38 MDT 2010

Allen

I have done something similar because I have a 3.454:1 diff in my BN2.
If you are using a Speedo from a BN4 that also had this rear axle ratio
then you should be OK.

I cannot remember where my mechanism came from but it had the correct
flex revs per mile. The other thing to check is that the donor Speedo
had the same needle degrees per mph. If say 80 mph is the same number of
degrees around the dial then this is fine. On a BN2 dial, 80 mph is 180
degrees from 0 mph.

Obviously the speed and distance will still read a little high if you
use modern tyres with a smaller rolling radius

Regards

--
John Harper