[Healeys] HELP LBC corrupted photos

Ron Mitchell healeyron at yahoo.com
Tue May 25 10:04:54 MDT 2010

Hi Richard.

I've had that happen to me a couple of times.  On occasion I've
been able to open it in the following way.

1. Locate where you have saved the
file.  In your case you would have to save the files from the CD to your
computer.
2. Change the name of one of the files from a jpg file to a bmp
file.
3. Try to open it in either:
    a. Microsoft Office Picture Manager.
    b. Windows Live Photo Gallery
    c. Windows Photo Viewer

If it should
open in any one of the modes than change the name back to a jpg file and save
it.

I'd won't guaratee that this will work but I was able to recover what
seemed to be a corrupted file this way.

If that doesn't work you might try to
google "Photo Recovery"  This is one of many sites listed.

http://tinyurl.com/2fb4me4

My daughter is a professional photographer and
lost a photo shoot file a few years ago.  She was able to download software
from the internet and recover all the files from the memory card.  For this to
work you would need a card reader. I seem to recall that the price was
somewhere around $69.00 for the software.  She already has a card reader.  I
don't remember which site she used.  Before she paid them to download the
files she called them to confirm that their software would resolve her
problem.

Hope this helps.
Ron Mitchell
I hoping you computer guys can help
me. I took photos at a car show in
Woodland CA for our news letter and they
were fine in the camera. When I tried
to load them onto the computer (that
I've done a thousand time) it says
"corrupted data" and will not load. We took
them to a camera kiosk and the guy
there made a disk that has the photos on it
but he could not do anything with
them. The photos come out blank. The CD
downloaded to out computer but we
could not open it. Does any one out there
know enough to help un-corrupt the
camera chip?
Thanks
Richard Kahn
The New Busy
is not the old busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox.
http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL
:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_3
Healeys at autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html