[Healeys] BN1 GEARBOX GEARING

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Tue May 25 04:05:20 MDT 2010

Hi Keith,
Does it have exactly the same number of teeth on every gear?
If it does, then you need to roll the appropriate matching gear
against the cluster to check the cut is the same.
If it makes ANY noise (usually the straight cut first) then it is a
different profile.
E.g in a series, there are A cut and B cut gears - same teeth count,
different gear profile.
I still have a huge amount of BN1/ A70/A90 gearbox bits & boxes if you
get stuck.
Call me, or email me.
Chris Dimmock

Sent from my iPhone