[Healeys] popping exhaust

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Sun May 23 17:17:35 MDT 2010

Dennis -

Popping usually suggests you have a lot of unburned fuel getting into
your exhaust.  I'd pull all of your spark plugs and see if any of them
look black or wet.  If so you probably have a bad plug.

By the way, have you gapped your rockers?  If your rockers are way off
you can get popping too.  Torque head and do rockers before doing your
tune up.

Finally, are you using your old coil or a new one?

Alan