[Healeys] BN1 retainer clips

robert westcott 55healey at comcast.net
Sun May 23 16:07:13 MDT 2010

HI Rich,

Thank you so much for sending the picture.  I made some out of
aluminum and was going to polish them but they seemed a tad thick.  I
also need to know a width across one side or the distance between the
center of the mounting holes.  I know the front bar has the holes in
there because I saw them when the top was off.  The upholsterer didn't
mark them so I am probing to try and find them without punching
through the new top.  I did ride up to Vancouver without the clips and
everything stayed in place even at 75 +. I used some tie wire to keep
the hood clamps closed as I have heard of them letting go.  We scooted
between rain drops and made it without any problems.  Left the top up
for the show, it was the first time for this but the weather was iffy.
We took a 3rd behind 2 new restorations and I was pleased.  Heavy rain
last night and this morning on the ride back but it cleared after
lunch.  We are home safe and sound and I am just clearing out my
mailbox.

Best regards,

Rob