[Healeys] Streamlined 100-Sixs - New Photos

Derek Job derek.c.job at gmail.com
Sat May 22 10:04:57 MDT 2010

Randy

That is the big question, which has not yet been completely answered due to
a surprising lack of information about these cars.

They had six-cylinder engines, but it is likley they were based on 100
chassis' and not the longer 100-Six. If so then they would be following in
the footsteps of the 1956 Bonneville Endurance record car which featured the
new 6 cylinder engine in a 100 chassis. Four streamlined alloy bodies were
made by Jensen. One went on the record car and the other three went on these
cars.

I don't know why one is referred to as AHS 3804. It seems a very precise
piece of information to have that detail listed about a race car, so perhaps
it's true. It would mean that AHS 3804 was rebodied and re-engined for this
race. The car was originally one of the special test cars, so it's not
impossible.

Derek
www.healeysix.net