[Healeys] Heavy clutch question

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Sat May 22 00:42:16 MDT 2010

This happened to me with a Jensen Healey. I just could not find a cause
untill I decided to to take the clutch apart again. I noticed that the
blades of the diaphragm spring in the clutch cover were thicker than in
the original, hence: /HD clutch or racing clutch/!. Replacing with a
standard item restored everything to normal.
Also when you enlarge the diameter of the clutch master cilinder the
force to press down the clutch pedal will be affected by being heavier.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL