[Healeys] stolen car

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Fri May 14 15:50:03 MDT 2010

Rich, the car in question is not in the USA.  It was in a foreign country
when stolen, and is still in a foreign country.  The owner in 1993 may or
may not have received a satisfactory settlement from the insurance company,
but if the company paid off they own the car when it's recovered.  However,
the car has gone through 5 owners since then, so apparently the insurance
company is not keeping up with it.  I doubt the current owner would contact
the company to let them know he is the latest owner.

Of course, it's possible that the car was recovered to the person who lost
it, and it just resumed its legitimate chain of ownership.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA