[Healeys] dumb question ...

Dan Stromquist dan at warner-associates.com
Mon May 10 14:23:07 MDT 2010

Thanks Rick:
I am personally running the rich UN needles because the prior shop said I
needed to.  Now that I know how to set the BJ8 carbs, I am wondering whether
they were right or not.  They had it way out of tune.  About all I do when
setting the carb is to get the settings correct at idle so the needles
should make no diff if they are the same diameter at idle. After that the
tuneup needles in the dashpots go up and down in sync as I increase the
RPMs.  I suppose if it was put on a DYNO, or put an O2 meter on the exhaust,
or by one of the other methods we could find a better needle match at all
the other RPMs.
Dan